Thursday, June 2, 2011

{Recipe} Summer Cocktail Italian Ices!

Hi all!  I'm so sorry I've been blogger MIA for a few days now...I'm gearing up for Click's Grand Opening next weekend!  So many exciting things going on with that...

But I have to tell you I was pleasantly suprised when I checked my mail today.  Sitting there, with my name on it, was this month's Martha Stewart Living magazine!!  Gasp!  I didn't even sign up for it, but then again, who am I to deny Martha the joy of sending people random free stuff?  Shh...don't tell her, just in case it was a mistake :)...


In any case, I stumbled across recipes that I HAD to share with you.  So it's summer, right?  And hot?  And the ideal time for a cocktail?  What if I told you you could have your cocktail frozen into an italian ice?  Yeah, that just happened.

You can find below the recipes below for Mojito, Margarita, and Strawberry Daiquiri Italian Ices.  Thanks Martha Stewart Living June 2011 issue :)

Cheers,
*SB*

Mojito Italian Ice
1/2 TB finely grated lime zest, plus 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup light rum

Puree lime zest and juice, water, sugar, and mint in a blender.  Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids.  Stir in rum.  Divide among twelve 3-ounce paper cups.  Freeze on a rimmed baking sheet for at least 5 hours.  Garnish with mint sprigs.

Margarita Italian Ice
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur

Heat sugar, water, and juices in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes.  Let cool.  Stir together citrus syrup, tequila, and Cointreau in a pitcher.  Divide among twelve 3-ounce paper cups.  Freeze on a rimmed baking sheet for at least 5 hours. 

Strawberry Daiquiri Italian Ice
1 pound strawberries (4 cups)
2/3 cup light rum
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
pinch of coarse salt

Puree strawberries, rum, water, sugar, lime juice, and salt in a blender until smooth.  Divide among fourteen 3-ounce paper cups.  Freeze on a rimmed baking sheet for at least 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment