Monday, October 10, 2011

{Events & Parties} Extreme Makeover Home Edition VIP Tent-Airs October 16th!

I CANNOT believe I can finally share this news with you!!  EXTREME MAKEOVER: HOME EDITION landed in Orange County, NY back in late August--and the episode is AIRING THIS SUNDAY, October 16th!  And guess who was asked to design the VIP are on the set?!  ME!!!!  Oh, I have been bursting to share this news with you...but let me preface with this, there is no way to describe how amazing this show, this project, and this amazing team of volunteers was.  I can never watch the show the same way again.  This blog post, is dedicated to all you amazing individuals...


So, to explain the space, the VIP tent was right next to the house they were redoing.  It was a space for sponsors, production, and those who greatly and financially supported the cause to take an up-close sneak peek at the build in progress...
The color scheme was was orange, yellow, and white, similar to a construction site...
Refer to my last blog post to see how much I love lanterns and why I used them in this event =)...
Each cocktail table was topped with a beautiful orange rose centerpiece, atop faux grass for the outdoorsy feel, and decorated with various tools to follow the theme...
Other flowers on the table were in the same color scheme, but put in galvanized paint buckets...so cute!...
The last floral touch were these beautiful "tool trees"...gorgeous gold branches.  But look closely--there are tiny tools hanging from the branches...look closer, and you'll see what's inside each vase!
To lend a bit of an upscale feel, I worked closely with Event Decor NYC to create this amazing illuminated bar and lounge...
There are many more details I had so much fun with, but I'll just let you take a look for yourself =)...










And DON'T forget to watch the episode THIS SUNDAY, October 16th at 8 pm on ABC...you will love the Korpei family =)



Cheers,
SB

 


No comments:

Post a Comment