Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{Events & Parties} Vintage Baseball Memorial BBQ

Hello all!  I couldn't head to bed tonight until I posted an entry from this past weekend's "Vintage Baseball Memorial BBQ"...I had mentioned this in the preview post for this party, but this event couldn't have meant more to me personally.  This gathering was the honor my grandfather's best friend and teammate, Max, who recently passed away...
This BBQ was to raise money for the family.  Without going too much off topic, I have to say that seeing all of my Poppy's "ball guys" come together and reminisce was truly special.   To give them due credit, my grandparents did a lot of the work, so I'll just show you a few of the details I added to the festivities!


Now, Max was a HUGE NY Mets fan, so the color scheme was all things orange and blue!  Instead of doing a traditional guest book, I had a Mets jersey on display that all the attendees signed to give to the family to commemorate the day...
So much more meaningful!  The hosts also asked to display pictures of the players with Max, and all the trophies the teams had earned...
To go with the theme, the centerpieces boasted all things "play ball"!...
Mats of grass were topped with simple containers of the classic ball game peanuts, a Mets banner, and a ball and mit.  So simple, but so cute!
There was also a "Concessions Stand", filled with classic baseball treats for guests to enjoy and take home as favors...
This pic shows the sign, but here's what it looked like filled with all the treats...
 Here's a closer look at some of the treats I brought in...


It was absolutely an amazing day...there are so many pics showing the joy that came from this event, but there's just a few to give you some inspiration.   I was so grateful to be a part of something so meaningful...

Cheers,
SB







No comments:

Post a Comment